January 16-19, 2018
Here are your activities for the week. If you have not post-tested for the CASAS, please be aware that you will take it this week, most likely on Thursday.
Reading/Language Arts Students (Howard and GW):
- ReadWorks: A Winter’s Drive
- Individual check-ins with Mr. Darden.
- NewsELA: Read “Competitors to watch at the 2018 Winter Olympics” and answer questions at the end (get copy from Mr. Darden)
- Quill: Sign up and begin using (there is a diagnostic). Howard class code is: region-name. UDC class code is grape-pan.
- Writing Activity: If you won the lottery today, what aspects of your life would you change? What would you keep the same? Write an essay discussing your ideas. Support them with reasons and examples. (From GEDpracticequestions.com)
Politics Students (Howard, UDC, and American):
- Fun Quiz – We covered a lot last week, but did we cover enough? Take the short quiz and find out.
- Watch the George Washington Documentary on YouTube. Take notes on the parts you believe are important.
- George Washington Worksheet (See Mr. Darden for a copy)
- ReadWorks: The Road to the American Revolution (Howard and UDC only)
- ReadWorks: The American Revolution, 1763-1783 [excerpt] (American only)
- View this video about the key facts of the American Revolution
- Complete the handout